Olivier Taillieu is a Partner of The Dominguez Firm, LLP, and a distinguished and respected trial attorney. He has tried and won multiple jury trials in his prolific career, and has recovered tens of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his clients. He is the chief trial attorney of The Dominguez Firm and handles complex and hard-fought cases.
Representative results include:
- $29,000,000 Verdict in a mild traumatic brain injury case involving a pedestrian
- $12,000,000 Settlement in a case involving a head-on collision
- $11,700,00 Verdict in a mild traumatic brain injury case involving a motor vehicle collision
- $11,000,00 Verdict in a mild traumatic brain injury case involving a motor vehicle collision
- $10,500,000 Settlement in a truck versus bicycle accident
- $9,000,000 Settlement against the State of California in a road defect case
- $3,500,000 Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries
- $3,000,000 Settlement in a motor vehicle injury accident; client received spinal fusion
- $3,000,000 Settlement for homeless client who suffered a crush injury to his foot against a world-renowned charitable organization
- $2,500,000 Verdict on a premise liability case involving a defective gate
- $2,400,000 Verdict on a car v. pedestrian case; client suffered a broken ankle
- $1,300,000 Verdict for a client who was sideswiped by a commercial truck
- $1,200,000 Verdict for a truck driver who suffered a crushed ankle injury caused by a forklift
- $980,000 Verdict for a slip and fall accident; client suffered a torn quadricep tendon
- Numerous other seven figure verdicts and settlements
- Summa Cum Laude from Arizona State University, BA 1996
- First in Class, George Washington University Law School, JD 1999
Membership & Honors
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Order of the Coif
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorney Association of California
Mr. Taillieu has been recognized by his peers as an outstanding advocate for his clients. He was one of five finalists for the prestigious CAALA Trial Lawyer of the Year Award in 2017, received the coveted nomination again in 2018, and was selected once again as one of the five finalists in 2019. Advocate Magazine has featured multiple articles authored by him on traumatic brain injuries and various trial skills.
Olivier Taillieu’s expertise and case results for traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are nationally recognized. He is regularly invited to speak on the subject to audiences of his legal peers and medical experts. Among the most prominent were at CAALA’s Las Vegas conferences in 2018 and 2019 and the Brain Society of California Med Legal Conference in 2019. In 2020, he was a guest speaker at the TBI Med Legal Webinar sponsored by the Brain Injury Association of California. He routinely serves as faculty in the ABOTA trial skills program and gives lectures and CLE (Continuing Legal Education) presentations in the field of TBI, trial skills and other related matters to his fellow attorneys.
Mr. Taillieu serves on the CAALA Board of Governors and on the board of the Consumers Attorneys of California (CAOC). He was also nominated for the Leaders in Law award by the Los Angeles Business Journal. Olivier has been selected six times to the Southern California Super Lawyers list. He has been named as one of the “10 Best in Client Satisfaction” lawyers for the past three years running and was acclaimed a “Lawyer of Distinction” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. He is a member of the Order of the Coif, the Golden Key Honor Society, Phi Beta Kapa, and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. Taillieu is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates; a rare achievement awarded only to the most accomplished trial attorneys in the nation.
In his free time, Mr. Taillieu enjoys cycling (where he previously competed and medaled in UCI sanctioned masters sprinting competitions, both at the state and national levels) and skiing, regularly volunteering as a ski instructor for persons with disabilities with the Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra organization.
Olivier Taillieu graduated summa cum laude from Arizona State University and graduated first in his class from George Washington University Law School, where he received his Juris Doctor in 1999. There he was Managing Editor of the George Washington Law Review. He was bestowed the prestigious Order of the Coif.
Taillieu, who is fluent in French and proficient in conversational Spanish, began his career clerking for the Honorable Lourdes G. Baird in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, and then for the Honorable A. Wallace Tashima on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He then practiced as a litigator in the Los Angeles office of O’Melveny & Myers, LLP.
Attorney Taillieu’s litigation expertise makes him a sought-after guest on high-profile national and international television shows, including Good Morning America, Nightline, NBC Nightly News, The O’Reilly Factor, and many others.