Olivier Taillieu is an accomplished and respected trial attorney who has tried and won multiple jury trials in his distinguished career. Attorney Taillieu has recovered tens of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his clients throughout his career. As the managing trial attorney for The Dominguez Firm, he handles complex and hard-fought cases.
Representative results include:
- $29,000,000 Verdict in a mild traumatic brain injury case involving a pedestrian
- $12,000,000 Settlement in a case involving a head-on collision
- $11,700,00 Verdict in a mild traumatic brain injury case involving a motor vehicle collision
- $10,500,000 Settlement in a truck versus bicycle accident
- $9,000,000 Settlement against the State of California in a road defect case
- $3,500,000 Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries
- $3,000,000 Settlement for homeless client who suffered a crush injury to his foot against a world renown charitable organization
- $2,500,000 Verdict on a premise liability case involving a defective gate
- $1,300,000 Verdict for a client who was sideswiped by a commercial truck
- $1,200,000 Verdict for a truck driver who suffered a crushed ankle injury caused by a forklift
- $915,000 verdict on a slip and fall case with a torn quadricep tendon injury
- $700,000 verdict in a motor vehicle accident where his client suffered a shoulder injury
Attorney Taillieu has been recognized by his peers as an outstanding advocate for his clients. He was one of five finalists for the prestigious CAALA Trial Lawyer of the Year Award in 2017. He has been named a Super Lawyer every year since 2012; has been named a “10 Best in Client Satisfaction” three years running; and has been named a “Lawyer of Distinction” for 2016, 2017, and 2018. His litigation expertise makes him a much sought-after guest on high-profile national and international television shows, including Good Morning America, Nightline, NBC Nightly News, The O’Reilly Factor, and many others.
Olivier Taillieu graduated Summa Cum Laude from Arizona State University, BA 1996, and First in Day Class from the George Washington University Law School, JD 1999. He was bestowed the prestigious Order of the Coif. Taillieu was, also, the Managing Editor of The George Washington Law Review.
Mr. Taillieu began his career clerking for the Honorable Lourdes G. Baird in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, and then for the Honorable A. Wallace Tashima on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He then practiced as a litigator in the Los Angeles office of O’Melveny & Myers, LLP.
Olivier Taillieu is a member of the Order of the Coif, the Golden Key Honor Society, Phi Beta Kapa, and other distinguished attorney associations, including the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, the Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles, and the Consumer Attorney of California association. Attorney Taillieu is fluent in, English, French and basic Spanish.