The Dominguez Firm is happy to announce its new Legal Scholarship Award for recent high school graduates or undergraduate college students in continuing their education with an accredited university.
The Legal Scholarship Award will be presented to a worthy student accepted into or currently enrolled in law school. This $2,500 scholarship recognizes that individual’s academic achievements and unique goals despite their struggles or challenges.
- Student must be a US citizen or a permanent resident;
- Student must be either accepted or currently enrolled in law school;
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Student must demonstrate involvement in community activities;
- Candidates should follow us on social media to stay updated regarding the winner.
- Students must submit an essay between 500-700 words and/or a 1-2 minute video about themselves and why they chose to attend law school/become an attorney. Graphic and creative presentations are welcomed. Students should describe their desire to use the legal system to help others or improve society.
- Students must send an unofficial copy of their school transcripts.
JUDGING AND RECOGNITION PROCEDURE:
- Judging will be completed by a panel of qualified members of The Dominguez Firm
- Judging will be based upon the candidate’s fulfillment of entry criteria and their ability to clearly and concisely convey how they plan to achieve their goals after receiving this scholarship.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION PROCEDURE:
- The Dominguez Firm Scholarship is a one-time, monetary scholarship award and is to be used for academic tuition only.
- Once winners have been selected, the scholarship awards will be given to the winner’s school to be used towards tuition and school expenses.
- If an awardee is unable to attend school for any reason, he or she must be able to provide documentation substantiating why he or she is unable to attend;
- If that is the case, the scholarship award will remain on hold for up to 6 months until he or she is able to provide proof of enrollment at any of the above institutions.
- If an awardee is unable to claim the monetary scholarship award within 6 months, The Dominguez Firm may award it to another candidate at its discretion.
- Candidates who are offered a scholarship must agree to the scholarship’s terms and conditions in order to receive the scholarship.
- Announcements regarding the winners of the scholarship will be posted to The Dominguez Firm’s website and social media accounts.
- Applicants will receive an email verifying that they have been selected to receive this award.
- A small reception and luncheon may be held for award-winners. More information regarding this reception, if any, will be provided after the winners are announced.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS ON OR BEFORE JULY 31, 2020
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez