Los Angeles Truck Accidents Caused by Aggressive Driving
When a massive 18-wheeler barrels down a Los Angeles highway next to you, or around a turn, or from behind you, it can be terrifying. Aggressive truck drivers and their behemoth vehicles are a menace to the roadways and can feel more like a monster from a horror movie instead of a means of transporting goods.
Rest assured, however, that the best antidote for an aggressive Los Angeles truck driver, is an aggressive, powerhouse Los Angeles truck accident lawyer.
Commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and easily dwarf even the largest passenger car or SUV. Accidents with semi-trucks often end in catastrophe for the passenger vehicle involved, leaving the occupants of the car with severe injuries or loss of life. Severe injuries can take months, years, or an entire lifetime of medical treatment and carry an impossibly high price tag.
Causes behind Truck Accidents
Aggressive truck driving comes in many forms and can include:
- Driving too fast for the conditions, especially in bad weather, construction zones, and areas of high congestion
- Following too close
- Failure to take required rest and sleep breaks
- Taking turns too fast
- Changing lanes quickly or erratically
- Failing to anticipate traffic signals that are about to change
- Trying to beat a yellow light
- Resorting to drugs or alcohol to handle or cope with long shifts behind the wheel
- Taking up more than one lane at a time
- Taking up (aka possessing) an intersection and blocking the right of ways of other vehicles
- And many others
Slick talking truck, freight, and insurance companies will always tell you that they forbid aggressive truck driving and that they train their drivers to obey all laws and to practice defensive driving techniques. This is a nice sound bite, but a seasoned truck accident lawyer knows better. In reality, many of these companies incentivize fast and aggressive driving by setting unrealistic deadlines, by having pay-by-mile contracts, and by having other arrangements that actually work to reward speed over safety. Download this PDF to get an idea of how dangerous commercial trucks can be.
Who can be responsible for a Trucking Accident?
When there is a trucking accident, whether from aggressive driving or negligent conduct, there are often many potential at-fault parties. Those responsible can include:
- Hired drivers
- Independent contractors
- Trucking brokers companies
- Parent companies
- Tractor owner and/or lessor
- Trailer owner and/or lessor
- Cargo loaders
- Maintenance companies and mechanics
- Truck manufacturers or parts makers (product liability)
- Government owned and/or operated trucks
- Other cars that cause the trucker to react
- And others
Truck Accident lawyers at The Dominguez Firm
The Dominguez Firm has over 30 years of experience in the Greater Los Angeles area holding aggressive drivers and the other at-fault parties responsible for their risky and irresponsible behavior. We have the staff, investigators, and resources to launch an immediate, detailed investigation after a truck crash to discover facts, preserve evidence, and obtain key testimony and documentary evidence. In fact, we have obtained many multi-million dollar results in truck injury cases.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed because of a negligent or aggressive truck driver, we will fight tirelessly for you and to bring them to justice. We take great pride in holding at-fault parties accountable for the pain, injuries, and losses they cause. We also take great pride in making sure accident victims get the attention and medical treatment they need to heal and recover.
The Dominguez Firm has experienced truck accident lawyers to assist and get you the compensation you deserve. If there is no recovery, there is no fee! Call now for a free consultation at 800-818-1818.