What To Do If Injured While Riding Your Bicycle
Learn about National Bike Month, the benefits of commuting by bike, and what to do if you’re struck by a vehicle while on your bike.
Riding your bike to work here in Greater Los Angeles is a great way to beat the famous LA traffic, to get some exercise, and to help out the environment. Unfortunately, though, when you’re commuting on your bike so is the rest of Los Angeles in their vehicles, which means you’re at greater risk for an injury accident.
The month of May is National Bike Month and is highlighted by Bike to Work Week from May 14-18 and Bike to Work Day on May 18. This month serves as a great reminder of the benefits of cycling and also brings more awareness to safety.
- California is typically the deadliest state to ride a bike in (338 deaths in 2012)
- 818 – total cyclist fatalities (2015)
- 45,000 – cyclist injuries (2015)
- 29 percent of fatalities and injuries were a result of being hit by a vehicle
Chances are you ride a bicycle or know a loved one, dear friend, or colleague that does. Angelenos all over should be concerned for each other’s safety. It takes the mutual awareness of drivers and cyclists to make safety a reality. If the unthinkable happens, however, and you are hit by a vehicle, a motorcyclist, or even another bicyclist, it’s very important to do the following:
- Seek immediate medical care for any injury
- Make sure you do not admit fault to anyone, including a police officer making a report
- Photograph or document the scene if you’re able
- At no time should you ever give a statement to your or anyone else’s insurance company
- Engage a powerhouse Los Angeles bicycle accident lawyer
Contact A Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney
We at The Dominguez Firm have handled 1000s of personal injury cases, including 100s of bicycle injury accidents, and will work tirelessly to hold at-fault parties accountable for their negligent action and maximize the compensation you deserve to assist in your recovery.
The Dominguez Firm represent bicyclists from Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Long Beach, Orange, Riverside, Oxnard, Bakersfield, and all over Southern California who suffered fractures, concussions, and other serious injuries. We have been repeatedly recognized as one of the best injury law firms in Greater Los Angeles.
We are known for taking difficult, complicated cases to trial and winning. As a result, we regularly obtain recoveries far above what other lawyers obtain.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a bike accident, or simply have questions about filling a serious bicycle injury claim, we urge you to contact our attorneys today online or call us at: 800-818-1818