If you or a loved one has suffered injury or death, from a violent attack, as a direct target or as an innocent bystander, the owner or lessor of the property may be liable to you under a negligent security cause of action.
Negligent security covers a broad range of conduct and misconduct. At its core, however, negligent security falls into two categories – failure to have any security when there should have been OR inadequate security when it was attempted to be furnished.
Negligent security can include things like:
- Inadequate lighting
- Lack of or malfunctioning locks, fencing, or gates
- Lack of or malfunctioning video cameras
- Lack of or malfunctioning alarms or other warnings
- Failure to have security personnel
- Security personnel that acted negligent, reckless or caused intentional harm
- Failure to have metal detectors
- Inadequate security personnel
- Lack of sufficient policies and procedures
- Improperly trained security personnel
In the eyes of the law, property owners and event operators have a duty to guard againt foreseable risks and dangers. In this day and age, you need only turn on the news to see that no where seems safe anymore. Crime and wrongdoing can seemingly happen anywhere, including, but not limited to:
- Residential and commercial buildings, private or public
- Parking lots and structures
- Schools and colleges
- Hospitals and health clinics
- Nightclubs, bars, and restaurants
- Concerts and entertainment events
- Political events
- Sporting events
- Shopping Malls
- Nursing homes
- And many others.
Negligent security cases are often complex and usually involve several layers of defendants, which may include property owners, lessors, third party security operators, as well as event producers and organizers, including cities, counties, and state public entities. Not only can the fact finding be difficult, but determining the relationship of the wrongdoers, their various contracts, and their respective policies and procedures can be daunting as well.
For these reasons and many more, to have a fair fight against these wrongdoers and their insurance companies, you need a proven powerhouse law firm in Greater Los Angeles with over 30 year of experience handling these and other personal injury cases. The Dominguez Firm has the resources, reputation, staff, investigators, and personal injury lawyers to champion your case and get you the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed and suspect negligent security as a possible cause, please do not hesitate to call us for a free consultation at 800-818-1818 to speak with a negligent security lawyer. If there is not recovery, there is no fee!