Finding the right lawyer to represent you is vital if you’ve been badly injured in a slip-and-fall accident in West Covina. The Dominguez Firm has over 35 years of experience helping victims gain maximum compensation for their injuries. With a success rate of 96%* and over $1 billion* in settlements, they are qualified to take on your case and help you get the money you deserve.
Gathering Evidence For Your Slip and Fall Case
One important note, if you have suffered a slip and fall accident, your health should be your first priority. Only take the following steps if it doesn’t compromise your health. Otherwise, call an ambulance or have someone call one for you right away.
- Take photos if possible. Did you slip on a hazard, such as wet pavement? Document that. If the lighting was poor, photograph it from different angles. Remember, you need to show the owner of the property didn’t exercise reasonable care, causing you to fall. Show what caused your fall.
- If you slipped and fell on public property, such as a supermarket, ask for a manager and make sure they fill out an accident report. This report will contain important information such as the accident’s date, time and location. If the fall was in someone’s home, make note of the time and date the fall happened and what caused it. Note that falling because you had a few drinks probably won’t be the owners’ fault. However, taking a tumble because of a broken staircase will.
- Get eyewitness contact information. Ask for names, phone numbers and email addresses when you do. Their account of what happened is an important part of your case.
- Contact a West Covina slip and fall lawyer immediately. Insurance companies aren’t in the habit of offering large payouts to slip and fall accident victims. If you try and handle your claim by yourself, that’s likely what you’ll encounter. Instead, make sure you hire a personal injury lawyer in West Covina as quickly as possible. They can negotiate with the insurance company, request your medical records and obtain any security camera footage to help strengthen your case.
Should You Hire a Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer?
You may be wondering if you need to hire an attorney. If you suffered serious injuries, then yes, you should absolutely hire a personal injury lawyer. Let’s explore why you may need to hire an attorney for your slip and fall injury in West Covina.
- Your Injuries Are Serious: If you’ve suffered severe injuries in a slip and fall accident, you may need to hire an attorney to help you recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- The Property Owner Has Limited Insurance Coverage: If the property owner has limited insurance coverage, you may need to hire an attorney to help you recover damages from the property owner’s personal assets.
- You Need Access to Important Documents: If you need access to important documents, such as the property owner’s insurance policy or maintenance records, an attorney can help you get those documents.
- You Have Questions About Your Legal Rights: An attorney can answer any questions about your legal rights and help you understand the claims process.
- You May Need to Go to Trial: Not all personal injury law firms are created equal. If the insurance company won’t make a fair offer for your slip and fall injuries you need a firm with the resources to go to trial if needed. Not all lawyers can and they’ll settle your case for less, shortchanging you at a difficult time.
- You Need Someone to Navigate the Insurance Claims Process for You: Most of us have no experience negotiating with insurance adjusters. You also probably don’t want to deal with piles of paperwork if you’ve been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident. An experienced attorney can deal with the insurance companies for you. That way you can concentrate on getting better instead of stressing out.
- You Want Peace of Mind: Knowing that an experienced slip and fall attorney is handling your case can give you peace of mind during what is often a very difficult time.
If you’ve been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident in West Covina, you can’t afford to go it alone. Let our experienced personal injury attorneys in West Covina help. The Dominguez Firm offers free consultations at (800)818-1818. And we promise: if there is no recovery, there is no fee!
How to Choose the Right Lawyer for My Slip and Fall Case
Now that you’re looking to hire an attorney to help with your slip and fall claim in West Covina, you need to know how to find the right attorney to handle your case. The following tips will help you choose the best lawyer for your specific needs.
Make sure the attorney has experience with slip and fall cases.
You want to ensure that the lawyer you choose has experience handling cases like yours. You can start by asking the lawyer how many slip and fall cases he or she has dealt with in the past and what their success rate is.
Look for an attorney who specializes in personal injury law.
It may be tempting to hire a family friend or relative who is a general practice attorney or even someone in a completely area of law such as real estate law. That would be a mistake. You want a firm that is dedicated to personal injury law. They have likely handled thousands of slip and fall cases and are well versed in how to proceed and present the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Choose an attorney who understands how insurance works.
Most slip and fall accidents are covered by the property owner’s insurance or your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. You want to make sure that the lawyer you choose understands how insurance works and will be able to get you the maximum benefit available under your policy. Again, a personal injury attorney will know this area inside and out.
Find a firm that offers free consultations.
Most reputable firms will offer a free initial consultation. Take note of how they answer the phone and how they respond to your questions. Are they patient, compassionate and knowledgeable? If they make a great first impression, they’re probably the right firm for you.
Make sure you choose a full-service law firm. And make sure you aren’t calling an attorney referral service.
Choose a law firm that has its own in-house team of trial lawyers, investigators and legal staff. The Dominguez Firm is an actual firm, not a referral service. When you call around, don’t be afraid to ask the person who answers if they are a referral service. We have the resources and a team of personal injury lawyers ready to handle your case all the way to the end. And if the insurance companies won’t do the right thing and offer the compensation you deserve, we’re not afraid to go to trial. Not all firms can do the same.
The Dominguez Firm Can Help
Slip and fall accidents can be serious, and it’s essential to have a qualified lawyer on your side. The Dominguez Firm has over 35 years of experience helping victims get the money they deserve for their injuries. With a success rate of 96%* and over $1 billion* in settlements, they are ready to take on your case and fight for the money you need to recover from your accident. Contact us today for a free consultation to see how they can help you by calling (800) 818-1818.
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez