Bicycle accidents can cause serious injuries; if you’re not sure what to do after one happens, you could be left severely disadvantaged. Here are some tips on how to proceed after a bicycle accident to protect yourself and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
If you were injured in a bicycle accident in West Covina, CA, don’t go it alone. Call us for a free consultation at (800) 818-1818. The Dominguez Firm has over 35 years of experience, a 96%* success rate, and has secured over $1 billion* for clients.
What to Do if You’re in a Bicycle Accident
- Get medical attention right away, even if you don’t think you’re seriously injured. Many injuries from bike accidents, such as internal bleeding or traumatic brain injuries, may not be immediately apparent. It’s essential to get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible so your injuries can be documented and treated.
- Make sure to gather evidence at the scene of the accident. Take pictures of the damage to your bicycle, your injuries, and the location of the accident. Also take pictures of the licenses and registrations of any drivers involved. If there are any witnesses, get their contact information. The more evidence you have, the stronger your case will be.
- Contact an experienced personal injury law firm with experience handling bike accident cases immediately. Bicycle accident lawyers can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. The personal injury attorneys at The Dominguez Firm has recovered over $1 billion* for clients and has a 96%* success rate-so you can be confident that you’re in good hands.
Don’t wait to take action after a bicycle accident. Follow these steps to protect yourself and your rights.
Injuries From Bike Accidents
Many bicyclists are injured in accidents each year. If you ride a bicycle in West Covina, it is essential to be aware of the common injuries that can occur so that you can take steps to avoid them.
One of the most common injuries that riders sustain in a bike accident is a head injury. Head injuries can range from mild concussions to more serious traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Wearing a properly fitting helmet can help protect your head in the event of a bike accident. Additionally, it is important to avoid riding in areas with heavy traffic or poor visibility. If you must ride in these areas, be sure to exercise extreme caution.
Neck injuries often occur in bicycle accidents. Whiplash is a common neck injury that happens when the head is suddenly jerked forward and backward. This type of injury can be extremely painful and may require extensive medical treatment. Wearing a helmet can help protect your neck in the event of an accident by absorbing some of the impact. Additionally, you should avoid riding in areas with heavy traffic or poor visibility.
Bicycle riders frequently suffer broken bones in accidents. Typically, these include collarbone, arm, and leg fractures. They usually require surgery and a long period of recovery. Wearing proper safety gear, such as pads and a helmet, can help reduce the risk of sustaining a broken bone in a bike accident. Additionally, you should avoid riding on busy roads or in poor weather conditions.
Damages From Bicycle Accidents
The damages; the legal term for financial compensation, you could receive from your bicycle accident will depend on the circumstances of the accident, the severity of your injuries, and whether or not the other party was at fault. Here’s a summary of the most common types of damages that can be awarded in a bicycle accident lawsuit.
Your medical expenses are one of the first things considered when pursuing a bicycle accident lawsuit and with good reason since these make up the majority of a bicycle accident victim’s bills. This includes both current and future medical bills, as well as any rehabilitative costs that may be necessary. If your injuries are particularly severe, you could be looking at hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars in expenses over a lifetime.
Lost Wages and Earning Capacity
If your injuries prevent you from working or have caused you to miss out on promotions or earning opportunities, you may be able to sue for lost wages and/or loss of earning capacity. To recover these damages, you’ll need documentation from your employer detailing your earnings before and after the accident. You’ll also need evidence that your injuries have caused you to lose out on specific opportunities for advancement, will mean a career change or stop you from ever working again.
If your bicycle or other property was damaged in the accident, you can sue for the cost of repairing or replacing those items. For example, if you were carrying a laptop and it was destroyed, you can include that in your list of damages.
The Benefits of Working with The Dominguez Firm
The Dominguez Firm has a proven track record of success when it comes to winning cases for our clients. We’re dedicated to our clients, and we’ll fight for you every step of the way. Here are a few reasons why we’re the best choice for bicycle accident victims in West Covina.
- Experience – The Dominguez Firm has over 35 years of experience fighting for the rights of accident victims. We know what it takes to win cases, and we’ll use our experience to your advantage.
- Results – We have a proven track record of success when it comes to winning cases for our clients. We’re not afraid to go up against the insurance companies, and we’ll do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Dedication – We’re dedicated to our clients, and we’ll fight for you every step of the way. We understand what you’re going through, and we’ll be there for you.
- Resources – We have the resources necessary to win your case. Our law firm has a team of experienced attorneys and investigators who will work tirelessly on your behalf.
- Free Consultation – We offer a free consultation so that you can learn more about your rights and how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
- No Win, No Fee Guarantee – We believe in Justice for All, which is why we offer a No Win, No Fee Guarantee. You don’t have to pay us anything unless we win your case.
- Bilingual Legal Services -We understand that not everyone speaks English, which is why we offer bilingual legal services. Our team is fluent in English and Spanish, so we can communicate with you every step of the way.
- Personalized Service – We understand that every case is different, which is why we offer personalized service. We’ll work with you one-on-one to develop a tailored strategy for your case.
- You’re Not Alone – When you become our client, you’re not alone anymore. Our personal injury law firm is there for you at every turn, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries while we handle everything else.
Contact The Dominguez Firm For Your Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident, it’s vital to seek legal assistance right away from experienced bicycle accident lawyers. The personal injury attorneys at The Dominguez Firm are the best option for bicycle accident victims in West Covina because we have over 35 years of experience fighting for our clients’ rights. We have a proven track record of success, and we’re dedicated to providing outstanding customer service that meets the needs of each individual client.
We understand what you’re going through, and we’ll be there for you during this difficult time. Contact us today at (800) 818-1818 for a free consultation so that we can discuss your case and how we can fight for your rights.
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez