Do you need a reliable Riverside brain injury attorney? Call The Dominguez Firm at 800-818-1818 for your free consultation today. We’re here for you 24/7.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the leading causes of death and disability in the United States. TBI victims may suffer from severe and lasting physical damage and mental trauma, on top of lost wages and overwhelming medical bills.
If you are a brain injury victim, working with an experienced TBI lawyer can improve your chances of obtaining maximum financial compensation. At The Dominguez Firm, our personal injury attorneys in Riverside, CA, have successfully settled many brain and head injury cases. Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation.
Check out our testimonials to find out what former clients of The Dominguez Firm have had to say about our services for brain injuries and other personal injuries.
Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Every day, over 600 Americans are hospitalized because of traumatic brain injuries. Many types of accidents can cause a serious TBI, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents. Many victims of car and motorcycle accidents sustain traumatic brain injuries because of whiplash or sudden blows to the skull.
- Slip-and-fall accidents. Slip-and-fall accidents in various settings, from supermarkets to a friend’s home may cause severe brain injuries.
- Workplace accidents. Unsafe conditions in the workplace, especially in industries like construction, agriculture, and transportation, may likewise lead to brain and head injuries.
- Sports injuries. High-impact sports like soccer and football often involve serious injuries to the head, neck, and brain.
- Violence. In California, a disturbingly high number of TBIs are caused by criminal acts. Victims may suffer a gunshot to the head or a TBI due to a physical assault.
What To Do If You Suspect You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury
A TBI can cause confusion and a severe headache initially. However, even if you don’t experience these symptoms immediately, you should still seek medical attention right away if you hit your head in an accident. Many times, symptoms can be delayed, putting your health in danger.
Here is what you should do if you think you may have a brain injury, even if you don’t feel any of the common symptoms of a TBI.
#1 Seek Immediate Medical Attention
Seeking medical attention immediately is the first step you should take after any TBI accident. TBI symptoms, like loss of coordination or persistent headaches, often have a delayed onset – so please get medical care quickly, even if you experience no acute symptoms like torn tissues, bleeding, or visible swelling.
A prompt and thorough check-up by medical professionals is important both for your health and for building your case. Detailed medical treatment records are first-rate evidence that can support your claim and enable you to collect compensation.
#2 Gather Evidence
If it is possible and safe to do so, gather any evidence related to your TBI incident. This may include:
- Photos and videos of the car accident scene, workplace site, public location, or any spot where the incident had taken place.
- Photos and videos focusing on any potentially incriminating evidence, such as uneven carpeting in a public building that caused you to trip.
- All of your medical records related to your TBI and your traffic collision report if your injury was caused by a car accident.
- Records of all out-of-pocket costs you incurred from the accident, especially medical expenses.
- The contact information of any witnesses (other drivers, fellow customers, your co-workers, etc.)
You should also create a detailed written log of the accident. Write it as soon as possible, before you forget any important information.
#3 Make Sure the Accident That Led to Your Brain Injury is Documented
Get a formal injury report of the accident that caused your brain injury. For example, if you suffered a slip-and-fall in a retail store, make sure you fill out an accident report with the store manager.
If your TBI resulted from a workplace injury, you will need to notify your employer right away. Failing to report an injury within 30 days could jeopardize your workers’ comp rights. But certainly don’t wait 30 days, do it immediately if you can safely do so.
In situations where you’ve suffered a brain injury in a car accident, call the police if you are physically able to so. If you can’t ask someone else to do it for you. This will not only ensure you receive immediate medical attention, you’ll have a police record of your accident.
#4 Hire Legal Help
A TBI accident may end in full and speedy recovery or, alternatively, a lasting brain injury that permanently affects your ability to work and function in daily life. When the future seems uncertain, an experienced TBI lawyer can protect your legal rights and maximize your chances of recovering compensation.
Contact our team at The Dominguez Firm to discover the next steps that you should take in your brain injury accident case.
Damages You Might Recover After a Traumatic Brain Injury
Every TBI case is different, and it’s impossible to predict the amount of damages you may expect to collect. However, The Dominguez Firm has helped many clients who suffered brain injuries obtain compensation for:
- Medical costs, including emergency services, rehabilitation costs, long-term healthcare, psychological therapy, and medical devices like wheelchairs.
- Loss of income, including present lost wages and loss of future earning capacity due to permanent disability.
- Out-of-pocket expenses, like any equipment you purchased to make your home wheelchair-accessible, property damage to your car, injury-related travel costs, etc.
- Pain and suffering, such as intangible or noneconomic losses like physical and mental pain, reduced quality of life, or anxiety and depression. Families of victims may also collect compensation for loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages may be awarded if a lawyer can show your brain injuries resulted from intentional violence, willful misconduct, or gross negligence.
When to Contact a Riverside Brain Injury Lawyer
If you or your loved one sustained brain or head injuries, hiring a traumatic brain injury lawyer as soon as possible will greatly mprove your chances of recovering the maximum compensation.
Whether you are a TBI victim yourself or pursuing a claim on behalf of an injured family member, contracting a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer is one of the first steps you should take. The Dominguez Firm can:
- Advise you on your legal options, and answer any questions you may have.
- Help you gather relevant evidence, like witness statements and diagnoses by medical experts.
- Handle negotiations with insurance company representatives and protect your rights against unscrupulous insurers.
- Take care of all legal paperwork, including any forms required when suing a city, state of federal entity, complaints and other documentation.
- Represent you at trial if negotiations fail to produce a reasonable offer.
Why Choose a Personal Injury Attorney from The Dominguez Firm?
Working with the right brain injury lawyer in Riverside, CA, can help you recover compensation more quickly, improve your chances of achieving a reasonable settlement, and leave you free to focus on your recovery.
Here are just a few reasons why so many TBI victims and their families in Riverside County choose The Dominguez Firm to represent them for their personal injury cases:
- Experience: We have been serving Southern California residents for over 30 years.
- Track record: Our personal injury law firm boasts a 96%* success rate.
- Results: We have recovered over $1 billion* in verdicts and settlements for victims of car accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, and other personal injury cases.
- Personalized service: At The Dominguez Firm, every client is a VIP. Your case will get maximum attention from a dedicated attorney, a team of legal assistants, and skilled investigators.
- No upfront costs: We operate on a contingency fee basis. You only pay if we recover compensation for you. You don’t have to worry about legal fees or any out of pocket expenses.
Learn more about our legal team and what makes us a leading personal injury law firm in Southern California.
The Dominguez Firm: Riverside Brain Injury Attorney
If you or your loved one sustained a traumatic brain injury, you may struggle with physical trauma, impaired cognitive abilities, emotional distress, and enormous medical expenses. During this trying time, you need skilled and dedicated legal representation in Riverside, CA.
At The Dominguez Firm, our Riverside brain injury lawyers can guide you through the legal process and your Southern California personal injury case. We will help you build a strong personal injury claim and fight to obtain the maximum legal compensation for you.
For a free case evaluation, call us at 800-818-1818.
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez