Construction accidents can lead to life-altering injuries. Therefore, it’s essential to seek legal help right away. Depending on your circumstances, either a workers’ compensation or personal injury attorney can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve. At The Dominguez Firm, our law firm has over 30 years of experience and a 96% success rate. Contact us today for a free case evaluation at (800) 818-1818.
Am I Eligible for Workers’ Compensation or Personal Injury Damages?
If you were injured in a construction accident, you might wonder if you are eligible for workers’ compensation or personal injury damages. To qualify for workers’ compensation, you must have been injured while performing your job duties.
If the negligence of another party caused your injury, you may be eligible for personal injury damages. To determine the damages you are eligible for, you should speak with an experienced construction accident lawyer.
At The Dominguez Firm, our attorneys have extensive experience handling construction accident, workers’ compensation and personal injury cases. We understand the intricacies of the workers’ compensation and personal injury system. We can help you navigate the process. Our law firm will also thoroughly investigate your accident to determine if you are eligible for personal injury damages.
Accidents at Construction Sites Can Lead to Catastrophic Injuries
Construction accidents can be severe and often lead to life-altering injuries. If you or a loved one was injured in a construction accident, it’s crucial to have an experienced attorney on your side who can help you recover the compensation you deserve. Construction accidents can lead to all sorts of injuries, including:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are some of the most common injuries sustained by construction injury victims. Brain damage, concussions, and skull fractures can all occur due to these head injuries.
- Burns: Dangerous construction conditions can lead to exposure to dangerous chemicals and materials, resulting in severe burns.
- Spinal cord injuries: As a result of a fall or being crushed at a construction site, spinal cord injury can cause paralysis and permanent disability.
- Broken bones: Unfortunately, broken bones are common injuries in construction accidents.
- Amputations: Construction sites often involve heavy equipment, leading to unintended losing a finger or limb.
Compensation in a Construction Site Accident
Understanding your legal rights and options for compensation after sustaining an injury at a construction site is essential. Generally, under workers’ compensation law, employees who are injured on the job are entitled to benefits, including medical expenses, income replacement, and vocational rehabilitation. However, other avenues of recovery may also be available to you.
For example, suppose your accident was caused by the negligence of a third party (such as a general contractor, sub-contractor, or equipment supplier). In that case, you may be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit against that person or company. In addition, if your employer failed to provide a safe work environment or otherwise acted negligently, you may be able to file a claim against your employer.
A skilled construction accident lawyer can assess your case and determine what legal options are available to you. If you have been injured in a construction site accident, consult an experienced attorney immediately.
Benefits of Hiring A Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction sites that present dangerous work conditions will eventually result in injuries. It’s just a matter of time before a catastrophic injury or wrongful death occurs. It is crucial to seek the help of a qualified construction accident lawyer with extensive experience handling injury cases. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options and can assist you in filing an injury compensation claim.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a construction accident lawyer:
- Assistance with Filing a Claim – A lawyer can help you file a claim for compensation, which can help cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages related to the accident.
- Guidance through the Legal Process – The legal process can be complex and confusing. A lawyer can provide guidance and support throughout the process.
- Expertise – Lawyers with extensive experience with construction accidents have expertise in this area of law and know how to build strong cases on behalf of their clients.
- Strong Advocacy – An experienced lawyer will fight aggressively for your rights in court, seeking maximum compensation for your injuries.
Construction accidents can lead to severe injuries, so it is crucial to seek legal help immediately. A construction accident lawyer can help you file a claim and get the maximum compensation. The Dominguez Firm has over 30 years of experience and a 96% success rate, and our powerhouse team of legal professionals are here to help you, the injured victim. Contact us today for a free case evaluation at (800) 818-1818.
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez