Learn how a spinal cord injury lawyer can help you maximize your recovery so you can overcome one of the most serious and financially devastating injuries.
Here in Greater Los Angeles, we love to be on the go. Whether it’s your job, hitting the beach in Santa Monica with your family, or hiking Griffith Park with friends, we are constantly on the move. With so many things to do, one of the worst injuries imaginable is a spinal cord injury.
Spinal cord injuries can be caused by many traumatic events, such as a car, truck, or motorcycle accidents, swimming pool accident, sports injury, falling, and other similar forceful events.
Different Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
The degree of a spinal cord injury can vary greatly, but common injuries include:
- Quadriplegia – neck down paralysis
- Paraplegia – waist down paralysis
- Nerve damage – shooting, burning pain; lack of function
- Loss of feeling – tingling and numbness resulting in inability to feel and hold things
- Loss of control – such as bladder or bowel issues
- Loss of motor function – inability to control movements and muscles
If you or a loved one has suffered this unthinkable injury, you don’t have to go at it alone. A powerhouse injury law firm with 30+ years of handling catastrophic, life-changing injuries will guide and support you throughout the entire process. In addition to championing your legal rights with a spinal cord lawsuit, your spinal cord injury lawyer will also fight to maximize your recovery to secure your financial situation, and assist in getting you the best medical attention possible.
Compensable Damages from a Spinal Cord Injury
- Medical care (including nursing home care, wheelchairs, etc.)
- Lost income and earning capacity (and costs of retraining and re-education)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage and the cost of making your house and car accessible for your disability
- If married, your spouse may be entitled to loss of consortium damages.
Find Out If You Have a Claim
Unlike other injuries, most spinal cord injuries are life-long and include major life changes, disruption, and devastation. Factors that contribute to your financial compensation after a spinal cord injury accident include your age, activity level before the accident, your standard of living and employment before the accident, the cost of past medical care, the anticipated cost of future medical care, and the available insurance and assets of at-fault parties.
The Dominguez Firm is a powerhouse injury law firm with experienced spinal cord injury lawyers to assist and get you the compensation you deserve. If there is no recovery, there is no fee! Call now for a free consultation at 800-818-1818.
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez