Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking Employment Law Legal Assistants/ Paralegals to provide high-quality intake screening. The Employment Law Intake Specialist will work directly within the Firm’s call center as well as conduct in-person interviews for the purpose of screening and retaining employment law clients/cases. The Intake Specialist is an integral part of generating new business for the Firm and must possess the ability to recognize a qualified Employment Law case. The Intake Specialist must have the interpersonal skills to turn a potential case into a retained client. In addition to working with other departments within the Firm, the Intake Specialist may be tasked with special projects on an as-needed basis requiring direction and guidance by the Employment Department Manager and/or Firm Management.
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering inbound phone calls and placing outbound calls with stellar customer service, professionalism, enthusiasm, and compassion;
- Performing unbiased screening efficiently on all inbound phone calls for potential clients;
- Quickly and accurately assessing and determining the viability of inbound phone calls during client intake screening process;
- Calling potential clients back for follow-up questions;
- Scheduling interview appointments with potential clients to complete the retainer package and gather facts regarding the incident;
- Obtaining evidence from clients at the time of the initial in-person interview, including time cards, pay stubs, text messages, emails, relevant documents, etc.;
- Identifying witnesses, obtaining witness information, and contacting witnesses, etc.; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of individuals;
- Ability to exhibit compassion, empathy, and professionalism when communicating with potential and current clients;
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team;
- Ability to pay very close attention to detail;
- Ability to manage their time and multi-task effectively;
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills;
- Ability to gracefully but firmly cut a phone conversation short;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel) and other applications and/or systems (i.e., Adobe, Internet); and
- This position requires physical activity including, but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds (lbs.).
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English, is required.
- Must possess an overall knowledge of employment law and the ability to properly identify a potential employment law case;