Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Spanish Speaking Intake Screener
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Intake Manager
The Intake Specialist will work directly within the Firm’s call center. The Intake Specialist is an integral part of generating new business for the Firm and must recognize a qualified Personal Injury, Employment Law, Workers’ Compensation or other specific types of legal matters when they hear it. The Intake Specialist must have the skill to turn a potential case into a client. In addition to working with other departments within the Firm, the Intake Specialist may be tasked with special projects on an as-needed basis requiring direction and guidance by the Intake Manager and/or Management.
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering inbound phone calls and placing outbound calls with stellar customer service, professionalism, enthusiasm, and compassion;
- Performing unbiased screening on all inbound phone calls for the potential client;
- Assessing and determining the viability of inbound phone calls during client intake screening process;
- Obtain evidence from the client at the time of the initial in-person interview, including photos of injuries, relevant documents, etc.;
- Assist client with scheduling initial chiropractor appointment at the time of initial in-person interview;
- Assist in obtaining traffic collision reports as assigned by Intake Manager;
- Assist in locating missing/unreachable client as assigned by Intake Manager; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management and/or Pod Leaders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of individuals;
- Excellent interpersonal social skills at all times;
- Ability to exhibit compassion, empathy, and professionalism when communicating with potential and current clients;
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team;
- Ability to pay very close attention to detail;
- Ability to manage their time and multi-task effectively;
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure; and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel) and other applications and/or systems (i.e., Adobe, Internet);
- This position requires physical activity including, but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds (lbs.).
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in a law firm;
- Knowledge of Personal Injury, Employment Law and/or Workers’ Compensation strongly preferred;
- Professional appearance and “get it done” attitude;
- The right candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish, is required as over 90% of our clients are Spanish speaking.