San Jose is best known as the capital of tech innovation center Silicon Valley. It’s also the largest city in Northern California (yes, including San Francisco), and the third largest city in the Golden State. It is also one of the most affluent global cities in the world, with The Brookings Institute concluding San Jose has the third highest GDP per capita of any city in the world. All of this wealth and innovation, however, does not necessarily translate to an overall safer city.
Traffic fatalities have been on the rise since 2010, and pedestrian accidents have posed a particular problem for San Jose. Unintentional injuries are a leading cause of death in Santa Clara County (where San Jose is located), and there were more than half a million Emergency Room visits in 2017 alone (that’s nearly 1,500 ER visits a day, in a county with a population of less than 2 million!)
Luckily, premier personal injury law firm The Dominguez Firm proudly serves San Jose and the greater Santa Clara County area. We provide high quality legal representation to thousands of clients around California, backed by over three decades of experience and an unparalleled record of success. If you are a victim of an accident in San Jose, you can count on The Dominguez Firm to secure for you the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
What Causes Accidents in San Jose?
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, in Santa Clara County 2016 there were:
- 10,609 traffic accident injuries and fatalities
- 479 motorcycle-related accident injuries and fatalities
- 613 pedestrian-involved accident injuries and fatalities
- 700 bicycle-related accident injuries and fatalities
- 754 hit-and-run incidents
These numbers have been steadily increasing in recent years as a growing population in San Jose and Santa Clara County translates into more drivers and pedestrians on the road, and a higher risk for traffic-related accidents.
Speeding is a major factor in many serious and fatal car accidents—2,932 of 2016 traffic accident injuries and fatalities involved a speeding driver. Alcohol consumption and driving under the influence also substantially increases the risk of collision, and 1,137 of 2016 traffic accident injuries and fatalities involved a drunk driver (nearly half of whom were under 34 years of age, suggesting that younger drivers are more likely to recklessly drive while under the influence).
Distracted driving is also a major cause of car accidents, both major and minor. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration reported that 3,450 individuals lost their lives as a result of distracted driving in 2016.
Pedestrian deaths have also been on the rise in San Jose and Santa Clara County in recent years. According to the San Jose Police Department, key factors that contribute to pedestrian fatalities include:
- Jaywalking / not crossing at controlled intersections
- Pedestrian inattention
- Night-time visibility and wearing dark, non-reflective clothing
- Alcohol / drug influence
- Pedestrians crossing non-residential, multi-lane roadways
Traffic accidents are one of the most conspicuous accident hazards ordinary people face in everyday life, but there are many other situations and activities that put innocent people at risk of injury. Unintentional injuries were the 4th highest cause of death for Santa Clara residents in 2016 (and the third highest for men specifically—nearly one in ten deaths of men is attributable to an unintentional injury). At The Dominguez Firm, we handle cases involving injuries from a wide variety of accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Workplace injuries
- Construction accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Animal bites
- Slip & Fall accidents
- Pool accidents
- E-Scooter accidents
- Product liability
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- And many more!
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured
So you’ve been injured in an accident—now what? Time is of the essence, and it is extremely important that you act quickly, especially if you might consider filing a personal injury claim related to the accident.
- Notify the authorities and file a police report. In the event of any sort of accident, it is important to file a formal report, either with the police or with an authoritative entity. Filing a report promptly may be crucial to a successful claim, should you choose to pursue this route later. Even if your injuries don’t initially seem substantial, you still want to file a report just in case—it is possible that symptoms may not manifest until days or even weeks after the precipitating accident.
- Seek medical attention. If you have suffered an injury, no matter how minor, it is important to seek the advice of a medical professional. Prioritize your health above all else, and get yourself checked out.
- Gather and preserve evidence. In the event that you are considering filing a compensation claim, the strength of your case will rely on the quality of your evidence. Be sure to document every significant detail and development related to the accident and your injuries, including medical reports, insurance claims, evaluations, and witnesses.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney. No matter how seemingly trivial, personal injury claims can be incredibly technical and complex, and rely on expertise and attention to detail. In order to ensure success, you need the advice and representation of an experienced personal injury attorney like those at The Dominguez Firm.
Award-Winning Personal Injury Law Firm
The success of The Dominguez Firm has been recognized by regional, state, and national professional organizations. The firm and individual attorneys within the firm have won many prestigious awards and honors, including:
- Attorney of the Year (HNBA)
- Attorney of the Year nomination (CAALA)
- Attorney of the Year nomination (CAOC)
- Top 1%, National Assoc. of Distinguished Counsel
- Super Lawyers (Top Rated and Rising Stars)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Lawyer of Distinction – Personal Injury
- The Order of Distinguished Attorneys (Beverly Hills Bar Assoc.)
- Recognitions from the CA Assembly, US Congress, L.A. Mayor
- Elite Lawyers of America
- Los Angeles Business Journal, Business of the Year Award
- 10 Best Attorney, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorney
In choosing The Dominguez Firm, you can be confident that you are getting prestigious, high quality, and experienced legal representation that is trusted and recognized by our peers in the profession.
Unbeatable Record of Success
The Dominguez Firm maintains a 96% success rate in litigation. In other words, we win 96% of personal injury lawsuits that make it to trial before a judge and jury. We have recovered more than $500 million on behalf of our injured clients over the years, with many awards in the millions or tens of millions of dollars. In short, we have a proven record of obtaining maximum compensation for our clients.
This record of success is further backed by a strong record of client satisfaction. Our former clients trust us enough to refer their close friends and family members to our practice when they face any legal challenges. We take a client-oriented approach to our legal representation and work closely with our individual clients to best serve their unique needs. At The Dominguez Firm, we emphasize collaboration and work as a team to maximize results; our client are always our team’s Most Valuable Player. Each of our clients benefits from the experience, strength, and considerable resources of our 120 employee-strong firm, while enjoying the personal and personable service of a more intimate operation.
Our clients leave us glowing testimonials, for example:
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone.— Janet Salazar
I was involved in an automobile accident and attorney Juan Dominguez got me over half a million dollars. He is the best. I highly recommend his law offices.—Hugo
I suffered severe injuries on my right foot. The Dominguez Firm helped me obtain the medical attention and treatments that I needed and resolved my case for $3 million dollars. I am grateful to The Dominguez Firm for their excellent service and support throughout my entire case.—Donald Nielsen
Injured in an Accident? Let US help YOU.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you need the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer in San Jose on your side. In choosing The Dominguez Firm, you can rest easy knowing that your legal representation is competent, confident, and highly experienced. We know the unique challenges facing accident victims as they struggle to recuperate and adjust to their new lives. We aim to make that adjustment as easy as possible, and to alleviate as much of the burden of our clients and their families as possible. Securing financial compensation on your behalf is only one of the myriad ways we can make your life easier. To find out more about how The Dominguez Firm can help you and your family, call our offices for a free consultation with one of our personal injury experts at 800-818-1818.
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez