The construction industry is one of the most dangerous in California. Construction accidents occur due to heights, heavy machinery, sharp tools, and hazardous materials on construction sites. These accidents often lead to severe injuries. Some of them, like traumatic brain injuries, may result in permanent damage.
If you are a construction employee who sustained a workplace injury, one of our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you protect your rights. At The Dominguez Firm, we represent injured workers in San Bernardino and across Southern California. Contact us for a free case evaluation and consultation with a construction accident attorney at (800) 818-1818.
Do You Need a Construction Accident Lawyer?
Some construction accident victims assume they don’t need an attorney to recover damages in a work injury case because their employer carries workers’ compensation insurance. Although all employers must carry workers’ compensation insurance in California, insurance companies often try to underpay on workers’ compensation benefits.
The construction accident lawyers at The Dominguez Firm know how to fight for the maximum compensation you’re rightfully entitled to. They will take on the workers’ comp insurance companies so you don’t have to. We have been successfully helping San Bernardino construction accident victims for over 30 years. Don’t get shortchanged, put our experience and winning track record to work for you too.
Common Types of Construction Accidents and Injuries
Falls, slips, fallen object injuries, and machinery accidents account for a large share of construction injuries in San Bernardino and throughout California. Some of the most prevalent construction injuries, which may lead to catastrophic injuries, include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chemical exposure damage
A shockingly high number of workers suffer injuries in preventable accidents. Examples include:
- Negligence on the part of construction site employers
- Insufficient supervision
- Inadequate worker training
- Lack of compliance with occupational safety regulations (OSHA)
If you believe your accident occurred because your employer failed to observe proper safety standards, our team at The Dominguez Firm can guide you through a personal injury claim.
What to Do After a Construction Injury
If you suffered a construction injury in the workplace, you should:
- Seek immediate medical treatment. Even seemingly minor injuries may have dire consequences if left untreated. Additionally, your medical records may play a vital role in building your claim.
- Notify your employer about the accident right away. Be as accurate as possible when providing details.
- Gather evidence, including photo and video records of the accident scene, witness testimonies, and medical documentation.
- Call The Dominguez Firm for a free case evaluation at (800) 818-1818.
Avoid speaking to your employer’s workers’ compensation provider if you need to hire an attorney. Let your attorney handle them for you. Also, don’t apologize to your employer for the accident under any circumstances. An insurance company will often try to use what you say to deny or reduce your claim. Finally, and just as importantly, do not agree to any settlement offer before consulting with our construction accident lawyer regarding your San Bernardino construction accident claim.
What Is My Workers’ Compensation Claim Worth?
Lost income, medical bills, and reduced earning capacity can lead to devastating consequences for construction workers. Unsurprisingly, injured workers want to know how much their claim might be worth.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may have grounds for multiple claims: workers’ compensation, a personal injury lawsuit, and even a product liability claim. If the worker is killed in a construction accident, the victim’s legal next of kin can file a wrongful death claim.
Compensation for injured construction workers typically covers:
- Medical expenses, including hospitalization costs, physical therapy, medical equipment, mental health counseling, etc.
- Temporary or permanent disability, depending on the extent of the worker’s injuries.
- Vocational rehabilitation to help the worker seek alternative employment.
- Death benefits for dependents of workers who died from fatal injuries.
- Punitive damages, if the employer’s actions leading to the construction accident injury were particularly reprehensible.
Why Work With The Dominguez Firm?
Here’s how The Dominguez Firm stands out from other personal injury law firms:
- Experience. We have over three decades of experience handling all types of construction accident claims and personal injury lawsuits, including third-party liability claims.
- Track record. Our firm boasts a 96%* success rate in litigated accident cases. We have recovered over $1 billion* in damages for our clients.
- Resources. We can provide medical experts and skilled investigators to back your claim and provide evidence of your workplace injuries.
- Commitment. Once we take on your workers’ comp or personal injury claim, we will work towards achieving the maximum compensation for you and your family.
- No upfront costs. We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency basis. You don’t have to worry about any out-of-pocket expenses when you hire us. Instead, we receive a set percentage of your final compensation or settlement.
The Dominguez Firm: Top Construction Accident Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys in San Bernardino, CA
The consequences of a construction accident injury can range from lost wages and reduced earning capacity to overwhelming medical costs and permanent disability. If you or a loved one have suffered construction-related injuries in a San Bernardino workplace accident, you need an experienced law firm to maximize your chances of obtaining fair compensation.
Since 1987, The Dominguez Law Firm has been representing construction industry workers and their families in workers’ compensation claims, personal injury claims, and wrongful death suits. We practice in San Bernardino County, Los Angeles, and across Southern California. Call us at (800) 818-1818 for a free consultation today.
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez