Many construction workers assume that getting injured is just part of the job. Safety standards should ensure that you can go to work every day without harm, so you can take legal action when this occupational safety dissolves.
If you’re involved in an Orange County, CA, construction accident, you can seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional trauma.
At The Dominguez Firm, our team of construction accident lawyers can help you recover from your serious injuries by seeking maximum compensation. We understand that money cannot undo your suffering, although it can help you pay for the medical treatment you need to heal and move forward.
Call our team at The Dominguez Firm today at (800) 818-1818 in Los Angeles for a free consultation. We’re ready 24/7 to protect your legal rights!
Types of Construction Accidents
Construction accidents can happen from various causes since construction sites often have many hazardous pieces of machinery and environments. Common construction accident cases involve:
- Slips and falls: When a construction worker falls from scaffolding, ladders, or other high-altitude platforms, they might experience severe injuries.
- Falling debris: Unsecured tools or objects on the construction site may fall and hit a worker, causing physical harm.
- Collapsing structures: If the construction site does not follow safety regulations, structures might collapse and cause harm to many workers.
- Electrocutions: Workers who deal with electrical products and wet environments might risk electrocution injuries. The most common time this accident happens is when dealing with exposed wires.
- Welding accidents: Welding is quite dangerous and can lead to a serious injury if an accident happens.
- Entrapments: Construction workers must often operate in tight spaces. Employees might become stuck or crushed between objects if something collapses or falls.
- Fires: Fires and explosions can lead to many injuries and worker deaths, depending on the severity of the accident.
- Power tool injuries: All power tools come with risks, especially if the employees do not receive adequate training.
- Heavy machinery accidents: Construction equipment might malfunction or an employee may not know how to operate the machinery properly.
- Transportation crashes: Vehicle crashes frequently happen within construction sites and can create serious injuries.
The accidents above don’t just happen for no reason. Within the construction industry, the most common causes for these mishaps include:
- Employer’s noncompliance with construction industry standards
- Inadequate training from the construction company
- Lack of safety equipment on the construction site
- Exposure to harmful toxins
- Criminal actions
Common Construction Accident Injuries
Construction accidents can lead to a wide range of medical traumas. The most common construction injuries in Orange County, CA, include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord, vertebrae, or neck injuries
- Brain trauma
- Crush-related injuries
- Severe burns
- Knee damage
- Muscle strains and tears
- Heart attacks
Determining Liability for Construction Site Accidents
When you decide to pursue personal injury claims, workers’ compensation, or other legal actions, you’ll need to determine liability for the construction accident. Liability rests upon the party whose actions directly caused the injury.
When an injury occurs at work from no one’s wrongdoing, you can create a workers’ compensation claim, which will allow you to seek money from your employer’s insurance company. Workers’ compensation benefits do not require you to prove any liability.
If your construction accident happened from someone else’s negligent behavior or wrongdoing, you could pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party. Liable parties might include:
- Property owners
- Construction companies
- Machinery manufacturers
- Architects and engineers
Our legal professionals at The Dominguez Firm will examine the Orange County construction accident details to help you determine fault and decide which legal remedy to follow.
Legal Remedies That Construction Workers May Pursue
Injured construction workers have a few different options for seeking compensation for their construction accident injury, including a:
- Workers’ comp claim: If no negligent behavior caused the incident, seeking workers’ compensation benefits is usually the right option. You can receive funds to cover medical costs and a portion of your lost income.
- Personal injury lawsuit: If someone is liable for your accident, you can also choose the personal injury route. One of our personal injury attorneys from The Dominguez Firm can help you determine who the at-fault party is and collect evidence to support this claim. Lawsuits can offer injured workers better payouts to cover long-term medical attention needs.
Types of Compensation Awards
An injured worker in Orange County can fight for different sorts of compensation depending on the accident’s details. Your construction accident lawyer may be able to help you seek compensation for the following damages:
- Past, current, and future medical costs related to your injuries
- Loss of income if you’re too injured to work
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
How a Construction Accident Attorney Can Help
Dealing with the construction industry after a serious injury is stressful and challenging. At The Dominguez Firm, we want to speak up for your needs and ensure that no one takes advantage of your legal rights as a construction worker.
When you work with a construction accident attorney from our firm, you can expect:
- A thorough case evaluation: We will examine what happened during the accident, collect potential witnesses, gather medical bills, and help you understand how to communicate with insurance adjusters.
- Liability investigations: When necessary, we will complete liability examinations to determine if the court should hold anyone accountable for negligent actions related to your accident. Investigations might include collecting evidence, speaking with witnesses, contacting manufacturers, or anything else surrounding the incident.
- Full transparency: Once we know all of the details, we will offer our honest advice on how you should proceed. We deal with construction accidents frequently and can offer recommendations based on our extensive experience.
- Legal protection: Often, insurance companies might try to offer you settlements far below your medical expenses. Our team will make sure that no organizations attempt to talk you into accepting offers that don’t benefit you.
- 100% commitment to your well-being: You can rest assured knowing that your recovery is our number one priority! We will walk you through each step of the process and explain everything in simple terms so that you don’t get hung up on complicated legal jargon.
Speak With Our Experienced Attorneys From The Dominguez Firm Today!
If you got hurt at a construction site, you should immediately contact an experienced attorney to begin discussing your options. The sooner you take legal steps toward damage recovery, the better!
At The Dominguez Firm, we aim to use our legal knowledge and experience to help you heal from your injury and move forward. Call us today at (800) 818-1818 in Los Angeles, CA, for a free consultation!
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez