A fire or an explosion accident often results in severe burns and catastrophic physical and mental injuries. If you or a loved one is a victim of a fire or explosion accident, we stand ready to help you heal from this devastating type of accident.
Fire and/or explosions can happen nearly anywhere, such as:
- Home or residential areas
- Vehicle (cars, trucks, watercraft, and/or aircraft)
- Commercial, retail, and restaurant businesses
- Industrial areas and buildings
- Public utilities
- Forest and wildlife areas
We understand that a fire or an explosion accident not only imparts severe injury at the outset of the accident, but the scarring, pain and suffering, and anguish can go on for years or a lifetime. We understand how the trauma can impact your personal and social life. We also understand that the treatment and rehabilitation often necessary to recover after a fire and explosion injury accident requires financial security to ensure your life needs are met.
Fire or an explosion injuries can include:
- Burns (1st to 3rd degree)
- Respiratory injuries
- Nerve damage
- Brain damage
- Eye damage and blindness
- Cardiovascular injury, including cardiac arrest
- And many others
What Causes Burn Injuries?
In addition to direct skin exposure to flames, burn injuries can result from:
- Exposure to heat-conducting elements, for example hot metal parts of a car engine
- Chemical exposure
- Exposure to scalding-hot liquid
- Exposure to electrical currents
Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are classified based on the following typology, and how deeply the skin is damaged.
- First-Degree Burns. These affect the outer layer of the skin (known as the epidermis), and symptoms usually include redness and pain.
- Second-Degree Burns. These burns affect both the epidermis and the underlying layer, known as the dermis. In addition to redness and pain, symptoms of second-degree burns include swelling and the appearance of red or white blotchiness on the skin. Blisters may eventually form, and pain can be severe. Scarring may develop.
- Third-Degree Burns. The most serious type of burn, third-degree burns, affect the epidermis, dermis, and the layer of fat beneath the skin. Affected areas may appear brown or black, and the skin may appear leathery. This severe type of burn can affect nerves and induce temporary or permanent numbness.
Serious burns are often described based on the percentage of the body that they cover.
In general, it is not necessarily recommended that you seek medical attention for superficial or first-degree burns, unless they cover substantial portions of the body; for example, the face, hands, feet, groin, legs, or buttocks.
Victims should seek immediate medical attention, if the burns are deep, appear discolored, were caused by chemicals or electricity, or results in difficulty breathing or restriction to the airways. Victims should also seek medical attention, if burn symptoms do not appear to be resolving in two weeks after the burn incident.
Contact a Burn Injury Attorney
In addition to oftentimes long lasting, if not disabling, physical injuries you will likely suffer emotionally and mentally from the traumatic experience of a catastrophic fire or explosion accident. Moreover, you will amass medical bills while you’re unable to work, entitling you to compensation for economic expenses, including past and future loss earnings.
The Dominguez Firm, by virtue of being in business in Greater Los Angeles for 30 years, has the reputation and resources to get you the best medical help you need. We also can engage the best experts in fire and explosion accidents to prove your case. Your personal injury lawyer at the Dominguez Firm will investigate and target the correct at-fault parties, whether they are private or public entities. In many of these cases, multiple wrongdoers are responsible for your injuries and must be brought to justice with thorough fact finding and a targeted, aggressive strategy.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a fire or explosion accident, know that we will be by your side to fight for the justice and compensation you deserve. Please do not hesitate to give us a call at 800-818-1818 for a free consultation. If there is no recovery, there is no fee!
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez