Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Personal Injury
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: CMO
The Receptionist (Bilingual – English & Spanish) is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, and facilities. This individual’s primary responsibilities include handling a heavy volume of incoming calls, greetings clients and visitors with a smile, maintaining office common areas, and perform administrative duties.
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications, both internally and externally to maintain a professional image;
- Greet clients and visitors with a smile and notify the appropriate party of their arrival;
- Answer and disseminate calls and messages, screening for top management;
- Receive and distribute incoming faxes to the appropriate party;
- Ensure lobby, conference rooms, and kitchenette are clean, organized, and stocked with required material;
- Maintain conference room schedules via Microsoft Outlook;
- Validate parking for approved guest;
- Open/ lock front doors at the beginning and end of the day;
- Create new physical files and computer open them utilizing the Firm’s case management software;
- Assist Intake department as required;
- Update client log for Marketing purposes;
- Escalate client complaints to management;
- Maintenance of established filing systems, including correspondence, reports, and records;
- Client relations -- assisting clients on file matters when appropriate or direct them to the appropriate party; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management and/or Attorneys.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and tact;
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English and Spanish, with a range of individuals;
- Ability to pay very close attention to detail;
- Able to practice appropriate office etiquette;
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure;
- Ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities; and
- Ability to be reliable, punctual, organized, demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities in a very busy office.
- Ability of a “get it done” attitude, and willingness to go the extra mile for clients.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, pleasant phone manner, typing ability, and data entry.
- This position requires physical activity including, but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds. This position may also require sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Minimum high school diploma required;
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of experience working in a law firm preferred;
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and social skills;
- Professional appearance and attitude; and
- Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel) is required.
- Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish, is required.