Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Mailroom Clerk/Scanner
Department: Auxiliary Support
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Mailroom Supervisor
The Dominguez Firm, LLP. is a leading Personal Injury Law Firm (Civil Litigation) in Southern California serving the Latino community. The Firm represents clients throughout all of Southern California who have been injured in all types of accidents.
The Paralegal/Litigation Secretary professional will work directly and support the Personal Injury attorney. In addition, the Paralegal/Litigation Secretary will work with other members of the Personal Injury department, as well as other departments (i.e., Workers’ Compensation, Employment Law, Administration, Intake, etc.), as assigned. In addition, the Paralegal/Litigation Secretary may be tasked with special projects on an as-needed basis requiring direction and guidance by Management and/or other Pod Leaders.
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process, sort and deliver mail;
- Prepare mail and packages for shipment;
- Sort interoffice and regular mail by department;
- Log and distribute overnight packages;
- Assist in organizing and maintaining the mailroom;
- Operate mailroom equipment, including but not limited to:
- Postage meters,
- Mail sorting machines,
- Mail sealers,
- Envelope openers,
- Fold-and-insert machines, and
- labeling machines;
- Operate digital image scanning equipment to capture images and generate associated text and follow established scanning and quality control procedures in producing digital files in specified format for further processing;
- Conduct quality checks and audits by verifying electronic images on the screen and correcting any scanning malfunctions;
- Assist with all Firm related clerical tasks including, but not limited to filing, faxing, scanning, sorting, typing and copying;
- Ensure the integrity and confidentiality of all records; • Maintain inventory of office supplies and materials, including those specific to the mailroom supplies; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management and/or Team Leaders.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and tact;
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, and clerical skills;
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with the postal system;
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team;
- Ability to pay very close attention to detail;
- Ability to identify urgent tasks and to prioritize accordingly;
- Ability to manage their time and multi-task effectively;
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure;
- Ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities; and
- Active and acute knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat;
- This position requires physical activity including, but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds (lbs.). In addition, lifting heavy items and transport/guide up to 100 pounds (lbs.) of material on a cart is sometimes required. This position may also require sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in a law firm, preferred.