Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Demand Writer
Department: Auxiliary Support
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Demand Writer Supervisor
The Demand Writer will work directly with the Personal Injury Department, as well as interact with other departments (i.e. Employment Law, Workers’ Compensation, Administration, and Intake), as assigned. The Demand Writer will possess a high attention to detail, have the ability to multitask and prioritize, and excel under pressure. In addition, the Demand Writer may be tasked with special projects on an as needed basis requiring direction and guidance by Management and/or other Team Leaders.
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for reviewing and summarizing medical reports and additional documentation in preparation for drafting demand correspondence;
- Responsible for identifying and drafting the appropriate “type” of demand as required by the underlying facts and circumstances of each matter;
- Responsible for drafting, editing and submitting demand correspondence/package to first/third party’s insurance carrier upon attorney approval;
- Organize research/data/issues and draft mediation briefs, motions and other correspondence, as requested;
- Assist in updating case management software with date demand correspondence was completed and last day for first/third party adjuster to reply; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management and/or Team Leaders.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and tact;
- Ability to work independently or in team environments to complete projects efficiently;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to adhere to law office procedures;
- Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task;
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure;
- Ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities;
- Active and acute knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat;
- Active knowledge of medical terminology, is preferred;
- Ability to type a minimum of 65 wpm;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- This position requires physical activity including, but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds (lbs.). In addition, lifting heavy items and transport/guide up to 100 pounds (lbs.) of material on a cart is sometimes required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a Personal Injury law firm; and
- College degree or equivalent experience in related field or English/Journalism.