7 Tips To Avoid A Summer Concert Injury
Learn how to remain safe at a concert this summer and what to do if you or a loved one has been injured or killed at a concert.
As more information trickles in about the Las Vegas concert massacre that claimed 58 concert goers’ lives, now is a good time to highlight the risks of injury or death at a summer concert and discuss how best to avoid suffering a summer concert injury.
Summer is already here and that means more daylight and time for concerts, music festivals, and fairs. Here in Greater Los Angeles, starting with Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in the spring, there’s seemingly a concert, festival, or event taking place every week.
Whether you’re enjoying a Thursday night show at Santa Monica’s pier, a concert at Staples Center, an event at the Hollywood bowl, or attending other concert venues, here’s some safety tips to avoid injury or worse:
- Be aware of and avoid bottlenecks (tight spaces) where you could fall and get trampled
- Do not stand near or against walls, barricades, or fences where a pushing crowd could crush you
- Avoid heavy intoxication, which diminishes your protection mechanisms
- Avoid rioting or unruly people, especially if they are drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Utilize the buddy system and make sure your phone is charged in case you need to call 911 or family/friends
- Locate the exits and formulate a game plan for an efficient exit, such as in the case of fires, shootings, and other potential indoor hazards
- If something doesn’t feel right, like an aggressive crowd, threatening weather, or a shoddy looking structure, trust your gut and live to see another show
If the unthinkable happens, however, and your fun time at a concert turns tragic, first, seek safety and immediate medical treatment. After that, you should engage a powerhouse Los Angeles concert injury lawyer who can target the appropriate at-fault parties (which can include venue owners, venue operators, promoters, the artists, producers, as well as security, staff, ushers, third-party agencies, and others), get you the best medical care, and fight for your maximum recovery. Having aggressive, skilled, award-winning trial lawyers in your corner is critical to your healing process and return to a full life.
The Dominguez Firm has experienced personal injury lawyers to assist and get you the compensation you deserve. If there is no recovery, there is no fee! Call now for a free consultation at 800-818-1818.