Learn about your workers’ compensation rights so you can maximize your recovery if you’ve been injured on the job and face an uncertain future.
You show up, put your best foot forward, and do your job to make sure your employer’s business runs smooth, efficient, and profitable. In return they are supposed to provide you with an income, benefits, and a safe place to work. Unfortunately, though, safety is not always guaranteed, especially in Greater Los Angeles where employers often try to cut corners.
Workplace accidents usually fall within the following categories:
- Traumatic accidents and injuries
- Wrongful death
- Overuse and repetitive injuries
- Psychological and emotional injuries
- Heat related, toxic, and oppressive work environment injuries
Your Employer Must Carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Every employer is mandated to carry valid workers’ compensation insurance to cover you if you’re injured on the job to pay for medical treatment and disability payments. Workers’ compensation is a “no-fault” system, meaning that if you’re on the clock and injured (with very few exceptions) then workers’ compensation will apply to you.
If you’ve been injured while on the job the good news is you have many rights to help you get your health back and pay for lost income. The bad news, unfortunately, is that no one is going to hand you these rights and in most cases you have to fight very hard to access them.
Know Your California Legal Employment Rights
Workers’ compensation rights include:
- The right to file a workers’ compensation claim
- The right to medical treatment
- The right to return to your job
- The right to reasonable workplace accommodations
- The right to temporary or permanent disability benefits
- The right to be evaluated by an independent, neutral doctor
- The right to appeal decisions about your treatment, health, and/or benefits
- The right to settle your case
- The right to directly sue at-fault third parties in civil court
- The right to choose and have your own attorney
Why Choose Us as Your Workers’ Compensation Law Firm
If you enlist the help of the right job injury attorney that has the financial resources and decades of experience enforcing the rights of injured workers, then they can handle every detail of your injury case and enforce all the rights you’re owed so you can focus on healing.
The workers’ compensation system is very complex and powerful insurance companies and their savvy adjustors and attorneys often take advantage of workers. To fight back, arm yourself with a proven powerhouse personal injury law firm. Call us now for a free case consultation at 800-818-1818. If you don’t recover, you don’t pay!