Learn how medical malpractice can result in paralysis and what to do about it when the unimaginable happens.
Medical malpractice recently hit the national news cycle when a prominent dermatologist in Atlanta was filming her surgeries while rapping, singing, and dancing to music.
While we hope all of our doctors and physicians are professional and as near perfect as can be, sloppy, careless, and negligent doctors and medical providers are out there. While all medical malpractice is awful, if a negligent medical provider causes you or a loved one to be paralyzed, it is tragic beyond words. Medical practice is any act or omission by a physician that deviates from the accepted norms of practice in the medical community and causes an injury to the patient.
Types of Medical Malpractice That Can Cause Paralysis
- Misdiagnosis, especially concerning abscesses or tumors on or near the spinal cord
- Surgery mishaps that cause damage to the brain or can sever the spinal cord
- Interruption of blood flow to the brain or spinal cord during surgeries
- During childbirth, damage to the child’s bundle of nerves known as the brachial plexus
- Bleeding brain injuries that go undiagnosed
- Improper use of spinal anesthesia
- Lack of oxygen to the brain
- Failure to promptly treat a stroke
- Failure to properly treat any infections and diseases such as Guillain-Barre syndrome
One way to avoid medical malpractice is to do your research and avoid below-standard facilities.
Some of the best graded hospitals (all A grades) in the Greater Los Angeles area include:
- Citrus Valley Medical Center – Queen of the Valley Campus
- Huntington Hospital
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital – Baldwin Park Medical Center
- La Palma Intercommunity Hospital
- UCLA Medical Center of Santa Monica
On the other hand, some of the worst graded hospitals in the Greater Los Angeles area include:
- Memorial Hospital of Gardena (F grade)
- Mission Community Hospital (F grade)
- Olympia Medical Center (F grade)
- Downey Regional Medical Center (D grade)
- St. Mary Medical Center of Long Beach (D grade)
When your doctor makes a mistake that turns your life upside down by causing you to be paralyzed, whether partially, temporarily, or permanently, swift legal action is necessary to secure your financial future so you can obtain the best medical care possible and live as full a life as possible. We have award winning paralysis accident lawyers that are skilled, adept, and ready to take the fight to negligent doctors and medical providers to maximize your recovery.
The Dominguez Firm has experienced medical malpractice lawyers to assist and get you the compensation you deserve. If there is no recovery, there is no fee! Call now for a free consultation at 800-818-1818.
My experience was good. They made sure to kept me in the loop and made sure to let me know what was going on the whole time. My mom has used other attorneys and this experience was beyond better. I would definitely recommend them!
— Ashley Magana
The attorneys were always available and answered my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. Zoe is the best!
— Janet Salazar
My experience with The Dominguez Firm and the attorneys was really good. They were very informative and always returned my calls.
— Jocelyn Gonzalez