You’re driving on the 110 here in Greater Los Angeles, passing by USC, then Staples Center as you get into the downtown gridlock when someone isn’t paying attention and rear-ends you out of nowhere. You hear a loud bang and then your head snaps violently backward and then forward. You’ve just suffered a “whiplash” injury.
Insurance companies love to downplay the significance of a whiplash injury. They’ll say, “It’s just a soft tissue injury.” The fact is, though, nothing could be further from the truth. Whiplash injuries are very serious, can takes months, if not years to heal properly, and impact your daily life, keep you out of work, and make you forego your social and recreational activities.
Symptoms of whiplash can include:
- Neck pain and/or stiffness
- Headaches and/or dizziness
- Blurred vision
- Shooting nerve pain, pins and needles, numbness, or burning in the neck, shoulders, or arms
- Balance and/or equilibrium issues
- Sore or hoarse throat and/or difficulty swallowing
Injuries to your neck can include:
- Muscle injury when they’re strained or stretched too far
- Nerve injury when they’re stretched too far or pinched
- Joint injury when the facet joints of the vertebrae are pulled or compressed
- Disc injury when they bulge, herniate, or rupture
After a whiplash injury, it’s extremely important to demand and seek immediate medical treatment. Oftentimes, a whiplash injury will not show up on initial x-rays or even MRIs and symptoms make take one or more days to appear. Make sure you keep track of all your appointments and be sure to save all your out-of-pocket expenses and receipts.
Whiplash can be treated with an assortment of therapies and procedures up to and including surgery. The goal of all treatment is to alleviate pain and discomfort and to heal the damaged tissues, joints, and vertebrae. Likewise, the goal of your powerhouse Los Angeles car accident lawyer is to maximize your compensation so you can have the financial security to recover.
The Dominguez Firm has experienced Los Angeles auto injury lawyers to assist and get you the compensation you deserve. If there is no recovery, there is no fee! Call now for a free consultation at 800-818-1818.