Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Workers’ Compensation
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Workers’ Compensation Manager
The Receptionist will work directly with our Workers’ Compensation department, and may need to float between our Personal Injury, Employment, Intake and other departments, as assigned. The Receptionist will be responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, and facilities. The primary responsibilities include handling heavy volume of incoming calls, greeting clients and visitors with a smile, maintaining office common areas, and performing administrative duties.
The primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications, both internally and externally to maintain professional image;
- Answer heavy volume of phone calls, screen calls when time permits, and transfer calls;
- Send emails of call when caller does not want to leave a voicemail;
- Notify management of client complaints via email or immediately escalate the call to management when necessary;
- Greet clients and visitors with a smile;
- Schedule client appointments as requested and add notes on the Firm’s case management software and send calendar invite regarding such;
- Disseminate all faxes received;
- Upload each subpoena received from Lopez and Associates into the Firm’s case management software, enter notes and distribute to Legal Assistant once complete;
- Handle depo transcripts by adding notes on the Firm’s case management software, updating the deposition log in Laserfiche, route to attorney for review, schedule appointment with clients and interpreters for depo review, remind clients about appointment, and after the depo review send copies to defense when changes need to be done;
- Maintain QME/ AME appointment log on Laserfiche, enter notes on the Firm’s case management software, creating a calendar a reminder, and follow-up for report two months after said appointment;
- Administrative functions relating to document production and preparing correspondence;
- Maintain office supplies and order as necessary;
- Distribute certain mail items;
- Client relations – assisting clients with file matters; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management and/or Team Leaders.
- Moderate typing ability for data entry requirements;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and tact;
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English and Spanish, with a range of individuals;
- Ability to pay very close attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure; and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel) is required.
- This position requires physical activity including, but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds. This position may also require prolonged periods of sitting.
- High school degree or equivalent required;
- Previous experience in a legal setting strongly preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and pleasant phone manner;
- Must possess an energetic and outgoing personality;
- Professional appearance and attitude;
- Demonstrates and takes initiative and has compassion for those requiring Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation, and Employment services;
- Must have good familiarity with Workers’ Compensation terminology; and
- Bilingual, fluent in English/Spanish.