Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Junior System Administrator I
Department: Information Technology
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: IT Operation Manager
The System Administrator I will work with all employees throughout the Firm. This includes the general support functions related to all applications and the Helpdesk/support functions associated, manage and support local projects, support executives and the conference rooms (AV and Telephony support).
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in performing minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications with assistance of outside Technical Support vendor(s);
- Act as an escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free-flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Assist in setting up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software;
- Manage and Monitor all open tickets to ensure closure to the established/committed response and resolution times.
- Ensure incidents levels and associated mean time to restore are continually being driven down via documentation creation within a knowledge base, education/training of Helpdesk representatives and/or process enhancements.
- Assist in answering users’ inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems;
- Coordinate with Firm’s outside vendors to optimize efficiency and cost of vendor utilization;
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software;
- Develop and maintain helpdesk ticket resolution policies and ensure service quality;
- Develop requirements, outlines, budgets, and schedules for information technology projects;
- Work with all departments to identify system integration opportunities;
- Administer and modify Avaya’s IVR’s, Task flows, Call Flows and other components on an as-needed basis;
- Evaluate system potential by testing the compatibility of new programs with existing programs;
- Liaison between internal staff and outside Technical Support vendors such as Cerge, ENRys, Avaya, Aderant, etc. for all support requests and technical issues;
- Administers server platforms for all business processes: Business system, Analytics, Email, Phone, File-sharing, etc.;
- Maintain a record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities;
- Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions;
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping the information confidential;
- Responsible for overseeing the Facilities Department;
- Responsible for overseeing the Firm’s active projects, such as new software implementation with third-party vendors from inception to completion;
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining proper inventory of hardware, etc. within the Firm;
- Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem-solving, monitoring and installing data communication equipment and software; and
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to handle a high level of sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality;
- Strong PC skills including familiarity with Windows, Office 365, MS Office Suite, and various Internet Browsers (IE and Google Chrome);
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast-paced highly technical environment
- Maintains a central source of information enabling Helpdesk staff and support technicians to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills; and
- This position requires physical activity including but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20-40 pounds. This position may also require sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology required;
- Technical help desk or other related job experience preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- An understanding of law firm operations and practices is a plus; and
- Bilingual, fluent in English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Experience with Citrix, Right fax, Avaya PBX, Contact Center applications, printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Team-player share knowledge and fast learner.
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Helpdesk are continually carried
- Remains on-call during off-peak hours to respond to support service issues.
Other Qualities and Skills
Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment. Strong customer-service orientation. Must love
supporting non-techy people. This position may require travel to all of our offices periodically.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS– Activities include talking, hearing, seeing, holding, grasping, reaching. Walking and standing
are required. At times, the ability to lift and/or carry may be required.