Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Human Resources Generalist/ Recruiter
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
The Legal Assistant will work directly with and support the assigned Workers’ Compensation Attorney/Hearing Representative. In addition, the Legal Assistant will work with other members of the Workers’ Compensation department, as well as other departments within the Firm. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for case management of assigned caseload. In addition, the Legal Assistant must be highly organized, possess strong critical thinking skills, excellent attention to detail, and solid communication skills.
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform full-cycle recruiting for all positions throughout the Firm. Including:
- Provide a high level of customer service to the recruiting process, working to build long-term relationships & pipelines with strong candidates and external sources;
- Draft and publish job descriptions and ads on job boards, social media and other advertising sources;
- Source active and passive candidates via job boards, resume databases, LinkedIn Recruiter, cold calling, networking events, and other available platforms;
- Liaison with temp and recruiting Firms;
- Oversee and execute ongoing college recruiting programs, on-campus events and internships;
- Document all candidate communication, sourcing, and interview-status;
- Conduct phone screens and submit qualified candidates to hiring manager for review;
- Coordinate and participate in in-person interviews;
- Conduct pre-employment due diligence and reference checks;
- Work with the Director of HR to create offer letters;
- Oversee the onboarding process including desk set-up, IT requisition, new hire orientation, company-wide new hire announcements, parking, suite access, and time clock set-up.
- Manage benefits administration including billing reconciliation, explaining benefits and the enrollment process to new hires, entering deductions in payroll system, managing terminations and cobra administration, and overseeing yearly open enrollment;
- Manage HR ticketing system while resolving basic employee inquiries for non-exempt employees and escalating all other inquiries to the Director of HR;
- Assist in coordinating Firm events and maintaining corporate culture, including creating monthly newsletter and distributing birthday cards;
- Learn how to process payroll in order to assist in checks-and-balances and to back-up accounting;
- Administration of Verification of Employments, EDD, SDI and Work Comp earning statements;
- Assist with employee terminations including conducting exit interviews as needed and communicating terms to IT;
- Work with the Director of Human Resources in HR process improvements;
- Uphold the utmost level of confidentiality; and
- Other duties as assigned by Director of HR and/or Management.
- Advanced knowledge of labor laws;
- Ability to handle high level of sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively with others as well as independently; detail-oriented and analytical;
- Ability to work with all employees in HR matters; and
- Advanced computer skills; MS Office, Outlook, Adobe, HRIS and Payroll Systems and typing speed 50 wpm.
- This position requires physical activity including but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds. This position may also require sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Minimum 3 years handling full-cycle recruiting
- Minimum 3 years providing HR administrative support and day-to-day HR operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field