Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Calendar Clerk
Department: Workers’ Compensation
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Workers' Compensation Manager
The Calendar Clerk will work directly with the Workers’ Compensation Department, as well as other departments within the Firm. The Calendar Clerk will work with the Workers’ Compensation manager to ensure all depositions and hearings are covered by in-house attorneys, contract attorneys, interpreters, etc. The Calendar Clerk will be responsible for ensuring the Workers’ Compensation hearing calendar is updated at all times and that there are no gaps in coverage.
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring all depositions and hearings are covered by reviewing calendar with Workers’ Compensation supervisor and adjusting/revising the calendar as needed;
- Schedule and serve as the point of contact for assigning contract attorneys to cover depositions, including reconfirmation of assignment prior to the deposition;
- Schedule interpreters for all upcoming hearings, trial and deposition preparation, as needed;
- Ensure outlook invitations are sent via the Workers’ Compensation shared calendar and confirm the shared calendar accurately reflects the assigned covering attorney for each scheduled deposition and hearing;
- E-mail legal assistants with any new calendar updates so that they may begin trial exhibits preparation and notify E- Filer of upcoming trial dates;
- Review contract attorney’s invoices on a monthly basis and submit to accounting for payment;
- Serve Notice of Hearings, minutes of hearing, orders, and any other pertinent documents as ordered by the court;
- Notify and remind clients of scheduled court hearing and depositions;
- Prepare, send, and log 5710 fee billing correspondence and provide a monthly report to the Workers’ Compensation collections coordinator;
- Assist with E-Filing, when and if necessary;
- Process court files when they are returned by Attorney/Hearing Rep and enter, scan, and upload hearing report TriTek;
- Prepare files for court by printing file notes and attaching to hearing/depo report;
- Review mail and enter DOR's received and new hearing dates obtained into log;
- Schedule doctor cross examinations and court reporters;
- Coordinate with file clerks to retrieve any hearing or depo add-ons for upcoming hearings; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management and/or Team Leaders.
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, and clerical skills;
- Basic Knowledge of Workers' Compensation laws and procedures;
- Computer skills such as MS Office and case management software’s; and
- This position requires physical activity including but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds. This position may also require sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience working in a workers compensation law firm; and
- Bilingual, fluent in English/Spanish.